Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Treasury Associate to partner strategically with the Company management in forecasting, planning and general accounting. Individual will be self-starter desiring to move to a point in their career where they will tie finance and accounting in with strategy. They will handle complex financial forecasting and modeling as well as general accounting at the Company.
- Work directly with Senior management and leadership to forecast key costs and maintain cost clarity into projects as well as day to day of the Company
- Work directly with senior management to create financial metrics for reporting on a monthly basis
- Partner with departments throughout the company to develop and manage department budgets, P&L and forecast/planning
- Work closely with BD team to understand financial metrics related to transactions and also derive critical operational rationale for partnerships
- Help Company get ahead of the puck on key procurement and contract negotiations
- Oversee accounting activities including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger, a timely monthly closing cycle, and the preparation of GAAP financial statements to meet internal and external financial reporting capabilities.
- Track and maintain expenses and invoices
- Streamline the company’s AP and AR processes
- Coordinate the company’s financial reporting and operating metrics
- Analyze the current cost structure to find cost savings as well as implement cost savings
- Monitor accounts and ensure compliance with applicable laws and procedures
- Other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- BS with 3-4 years of experience or MS with 1+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and other cloud based accounting systems, (Netsuite, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in an effective, concise manner.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to work in an early stage start-up environment
- Experience in the life sciences industry a plus