WHO WE ARE
Silicon Therapeutics is an integrated drug discovery company focused on developing novel medicines for diseases with targets that are currently considered to be challenging for traditional approaches. Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on developing and applying cutting-edge capabilities in biology, chemistry, biophysics, and simulations to progress our R&D pipeline of innovative medicines for patients. We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with desire to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and capable individual with expertise in recombinant protein expression and purification. Core responsibilities include high-throughput screening of protein expression constructs in a variety of host-cell systems (E. coli, baculovirus, yeast, mammalian), purification of recombinantly expressed proteins using multiple chromatographic techniques (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion) and characterization of proteins using various analytical techniques to assess their suitability for use in biochemical, biophysical and structural biology applications. This is an exciting role for a scientist who is looking to contribute to the discovery and development of cancer therapies. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in protein production, biochemistry and biophysics supporting exploratory, hit-ID, hit-to-lead, and lead-ID phases of our innate immuno-oncology drug discovery programs.
- High-throughput design and synthesis of protein expression constructs.
- High-throughput expression screening.
- Scale-up expression and purification of highly pure recombinant proteins for use in in vitro biochemical assays, biophysics (NMR, SPR, SAXS), and structural biology.
- QC purified proteins using SDS-PAGE, western-blot, SEC-MALS and DSF.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols using ELNs.
- Organize and present data to group members and project team members.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of industry experience or MA/MS degree with 2+ years of industry experience holding a degree in molecular biology, protein biochemistry or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput design and synthesis of protein expression constructs, and high-throughput protein expression assessment in multiple host-cell systems (E. coli, baculovirus, yeast, mammalian, etc.).
- Ability to scale up recombinant protein expression and perform downstream purification using a variety of chromatographic techniques (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, etc).
- Experience in QC of purified proteins using SDS-PAGE, western-blot, SEC-MALS and DSF to assess their suitability for use in biochemical, biophysical and structural biology applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to troubleshoot and optimize experiments.
- Experience managing gene synthesis, cloning, expression and purification performed at contract research organizations (CRO’s) a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
The position will be located our headquarters in the vibrant Seaport district of Boston, MA. Our current facility includes laboratory space supporting protein expression and purification, SPR, structural biology, biochemistry, cell biology and synthetic chemistry with plans to more than double the current lab by the end of 2019.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com