Silicon Therapeutics is an integrated drug discovery company focused on developing novel medicines for diseases with targets that are currently considered to be challenging for traditional approaches. Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on developing and applying cutting-edge capabilities in biology, chemistry, biophysics, and simulations to progress our R&D pipeline of innovative medicines for patients. We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with desire to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and capable individual with expertise in surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and experience in one or more of the following techniques: saturation transfer difference NMR (STD NMR), isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF), microscale thermophoresis (MST). Core responsibilities include SPR assay development, medium-throughput compound screening, fragment screening and routine testing of compounds in SPR assays. Additional responsibilities could include testing of small molecules in STD NMR, ITC, DSF or MST. This is an exciting role for a scientist who is looking to contribute to the discovery and development of cancer therapies. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in protein production and biophysics supporting hit-ID, hit-to-lead, and lead-ID phases of our innate immuno-oncology drug discovery programs and will have the opportunity to mentor more junior scientists.
- Core responsibilities: design and develop surface plasmon resonance (SPR) assays for compound screening, fragment screening and routine small molecule testing.
- Additional responsibilities could include testing of small molecules in STD NMR, ITC, DSF or MST.
- In collaboration with group members, design protein constructs for use in biophysical assays.
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team to provide high-impact results.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols using an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Capture experimental results in database.
- Organize and present data to group members and project team members.
- Mentor more junior scientists in the group.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Ph.D. with 4-8 years of industry experience with a degree in biophysics, biochemistry or related discipline.
- Expertise in SPR assay design and development and testing of small molecules in SPR.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: saturation transfer difference NMR (STD NMR), isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF), microscale thermophoresis (MST).
- Proficient in relevant programs for data analysis and visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to troubleshoot and optimize experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using Sierra Sensors/Bruker SPR systems a plus.
The position will be located our headquarters in the vibrant Seaport district of Boston, MA. Our current facility includes laboratory space supporting protein expression and purification, SPR, structural biology, biochemistry, cell biology and synthetic chemistry with plans to more than double the current lab by the end of 2019.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com