Silicon Therapeutics is an integrated computational drug discovery company focused on developing novel medicines for diseases with targets that are currently considered to be challenging for traditional approaches. Our platform closely represents the real dynamical nature of targets using accurate all-atom simulations, enabling us to design and optimize compounds for targets that were previously considered “undruggable.” Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on applying advanced computational technologies to build and progress a pipeline of innovative medicines for patients. Silicon Therapeutics is headquartered in Boston, MA, USA with offices in Shanghai, China. Learn more at www.silicontx.com
We are seeking an experienced scientific programmer to join our Suzhou-based China team. Working closely with our US-based platform team, the candidate will develop and implement advanced cheminformatics and bioinformatics algorithms—including but not limited to synthetic accessibility analysis, pharmacophore modeling, and ADMET modeling—to solve critical issues in drug discovery. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us! Learn more at www.silicontx.com. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and contact info.
- Develop algorithms to extract information from public and proprietary chemical and biological databases
- Develop robust, scalable software that implement state-of-the-art algorithms in cheminformatics and bioinformatics
- Apply cheminformatic and bioinformatic tools to enable and accelerate our in-house drug discovery projects
WHO YOU ARE
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
- S. or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, computational chemistry, or related fields
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
- Proficient in English
- Experience in implementing and applying algorithms in cheminformatics and bioinformatics
- Experience with using scalable algorithms to analyze large amount of data
- Familiarity with RDKit, OpenEye and/or other cheminformatics packages
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious