Website Silicon Therapeutics
Silicon Therapeutics is an integrated computational drug discovery company focused on developing novel medicines for diseases with targets that are currently considered to be challenging for traditional approaches. Our INSITE platform closely represents the real dynamical nature of targets using accurate all-atom simulations, enabling us to design and optimize compounds for targets that were previously considered “undruggable.” We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Our supportive and open work environment enhances synergies among individuals, thereby maximizing the quality and efficiency of our efforts. We embrace diversity and value different perspectives, ideas, and identities of everyone on the team.
Our science team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated synthetic chemist able to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be a full-time member of the chemistry laboratory team who will work with the chemistry program leads on synthetic route development, compound preparation, and methods optimization. The candidate will also be responsible for optimizing the syntheses of key compounds for multi-gram and larger scale quantities in support of critical in vivo and candidate nomination studies for internal projects.
- Design, plan and execute multi-step organic syntheses, purification and characterization of small molecules
- Troubleshoot and optimize reactions critical to the synthesis of novel analogues and lead compounds
- Synthesize advanced compounds on multi-gram or larger scales with a high degree of purity under strict timelines
- Operate multiple pieces of instrumentation, which includes aiding in their maintenance and training others in their operation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to: HPLC, LCMS, vacuum pumps, rotary evaporators, automated chromatography system, and analytical chemistry instrumentation.
- Efficiently document experiments and data in an electronic laboratory notebook and concisely presenting results to colleagues; characterize synthesized compounds
- Comply with all laboratory regulations and safety standards set forth by the company and associated regulatory bodies
WHO YOU ARE
- M.S. degree in chemistry with 0-10 years relevant industry experience, or B.S. with 3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Excellent team player
- Experienced with both multi-step synthesis and development of novel synthetic methods
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of modern organic chemistry reactions, mechanisms and techniques
- Experienced in small molecule structural analysis including application of 2D-NMR techniques
- Proficient with Reaxys, Chemdraw and other chemistry-related software
- Ability to work independently and respond to a fast-paced, team environment
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills