Silicon Therapeutics is an integrated computational drug discovery company focused on developing novel medicines for diseases with targets that are currently considered to be challenging for traditional approaches. Our platform closely represents the real dynamical nature of targets using accurate all-atom simulations, enabling us to design and optimize compounds for targets that were previously considered “undruggable.” Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on applying advanced computational technologies to build and progress a pipeline of innovative medicines for patients. Silicon Therapeutics is headquartered in Boston, MA, USA with offices in Shanghai, China. Learn more at www.silicontx.com
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual to conduct molecular and cell based in vitro experiments in our laboratory in Boston’s Seaport District. This individual will work closely with biology project leaders to design and execute assays to drive our small molecule immuno-oncology drug discovery efforts. This is an exciting role for a researcher who is looking to build on their previous molecular/cell biology lab experience and gain exposure to the integration biology with structure/simulation based drug design. This individual will be responsible for developing genetic constructs, engineering and culturing cell lines, and executing biochemical and cell based assay SOPs to generate activity data for small molecule chemical series. The individual will be an integral member of the project team and the expert in their particular set of assays.
- Work independently to accomplish molecular cloning experiments to generate cell lines and expression vectors
- Work with biology project leaders to design, execute and interpret in vitro biochemical, biophysical and cell based assays to support early drug development projects
- Carefully manage and document biology research workflows using ELNs
- Organize and present data to project team leaders and contribute to research publications
- Work effectively with others in a highly integrated, collaborative research environment
WHO YOU ARE
- B.S. / M.S. in biology or a related biology discipline with 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic molecular and cell biology research techniques including mammalian cell culture, vector cloning/subcloning, PCR, RT-PCR, CRISPR, absorption/luminscence assays, etc.
- Basic understanding of biological statistics and programs for data analysis