Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and capable HR Manager as it expands its team in Boston. This individual will be responsible for driving R+D focused human resources activities that are carried out in a timely, efficient and compliant manner, serve as a business partner for organizational effectiveness and talent management, solve interesting organizational and interpersonal challenges and proactively support managers by attracting, retaining, developing, and engaging top talent.
- Oversee and implement human resources policies, programs, and practices that foster organizational values and success.
- Provide advice and consultation to managers and employees in the area of employee relations, including matters related to performance management, corrective action, policy interpretation, and compliance, including compliance with local, state, and federal employment and labor laws.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws.
- Work with managers to effectively diagnose organizational issues and partner to solve them.
- Assist with employee inquiries regarding benefits, payroll, and general employee matters.
- On-board new hires which includes HRIS management, creating and facilitating the Orientation program, and ensuring acclimation to the team and organization.
- Partner with the Head of Human Resources to provide “best in class” training programs, learning opportunities and performance management.
- Partner with the Head of Human Resources to support talent acquisition efforts, which includes creation of job descriptions, interviewing, working with search firms, and on-boarding of new hires.
- Partner with the Head of Human Resources to support compensation decisions and administration throughout the year and during the year-end process.
- Proactively stay informed of human resources trends and tendencies and how these can benefit the organization.
- Support managers with talent review process and employee relations issues.
- Act as point of contact for employment and visa needs.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS with 5+ years of related experience; MS with 2+ years of experience including proven experience as an HR Manager.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of HR best practices and employment regulations.
- Experience in Biotech a must; start-up experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in client management and execution of complex HR initiatives such as talent acquisition, employee relations, and management learning and development.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and recruitment technology.
- Strong written communication skills and highly developed verbal communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Collegial and collaborative team player.
- Ability to build confidence and strong relationships with colleagues and hiring managers in addition to senior leadership.
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented approach combined with ability to think big picture.
- The ability to handle small details while helping craft a big picture approach for both the department and the company will be key.