Silicon Therapeutics is building an exceptional team of outstanding life scientists and computer scientists with a unifying belief that we can make better medicines using computers. We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Our supportive and open work environment enhances synergies among individuals, thereby maximizing the quality and efficiency of our efforts. We embrace diversity and value different perspectives, ideas, and identities of everyone on the team.
Silicon Therapeutics, a Boston-based integrated computational drug discovery company, is looking for a computational scientist with expertise in developing molecular dynamics and free energy methods for drug discovery applications. Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on applying advanced computational technologies to build and progress a pipeline of innovative medicines for patients.
- Implement robust, scalable solutions for alchemical free energy calculations
- Implement physics based workflows and novel methods to impact our drug discovery projects
WHO YOU ARE
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical physics, or related fields
- Significant experience developing MD-based free energy methods and working with MD code
- Extensive programming experience (Python and C/C++ preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of scientific algorithm development
- Broad experience with statistical mechanics and thermodynamics
- Peer-reviewed publications in relevant areas and/or demonstrated success in related development projects
- Experience with structure-based drug design methods
- Experience with parallel programming (e.g. MPI, OpenMP, CUDA)