Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
SITX was founded out of the BIDMC in late 2016 and has raised ~50mm USD to date from leading investors including Sequoia & Chengwei Capital. The Company’s investors are long-term, premier brands that have the capability to hold businesses for decades and are believers in SITX’s mission and physics-driven approach.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and motivated scientist to develop and apply physics-based alchemical free energy methods for discovering better medicines.
- Improve the accuracy of binding free energy methods related to our drug discovery projects
- Diagnose outliers and propose/implement robust solutions to address the problems
- Interpret data clearly and concisely both verbally and in documents and present results in an organized manner.
- Work closely with our drug discovery teams to ensure the best results in R&D projects
- PhD in computational chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical physics, or related fields. Industry experience is preferred but not required in physics-based alchemical free energy methods or binding free energy focus.
- Significant experience with MD-based free energy methods
- Advanced knowledge of scientific algorithm development
- Peer-reviewed publications in relevant areas and/or demonstrated success in projects
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
- Experience with scientific scripting/programming (Python preferred)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with other scientific programming languages (e.g. C/C++)
- Experience with structure-based drug design methods
- Experience working in drug discovery projects
- Experience working with diverse teams on ambitious projects
Silicon Therapeutics is conveniently accessible to public transportation. Compensation and benefits are highly competitive including comprehensive health, dental, disability, and life insurance plans and 401(k).
We embrace diversity and value different perspectives, ideas, and identities of everyone on the team.