Silicon Therapeutics is building an exceptional team of outstanding life scientists and computer scientists with a unifying belief that we can make better medicines using computers. We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Our supportive and open work environment enhances synergies among individuals, thereby maximizing the quality and efficiency of our efforts. We embrace diversity and value different perspectives, ideas, and identities of everyone on the team.
High-performance computing (HPC) is central to operations at Silicon Therapeutics —we currently have hundreds of GPUs and thousands of CPUs constantly at work solving problems for our drug discovery efforts. We are currently looking for an HPC programmer/developer to optimize bottlenecks in our scientific applications and build workflows that can scale across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will have a background in HPC with experience in computational chemistry applications.
- Implement improvements for CPU/GPU execution
- Diagnosing issues with all aspects of computational infrastructure (e.g. schedulers, distributed file systems, storage, etc.)
- Programming GPUs and multi-core CPUs as well as scaling algorithms to multiple GPUs and/or CPUs will be an integral part of this job
- Prototyping and developing high-performance algorithms in collaboration with our scientific developers
- Implementing high-level synthesis methods for FPGAs such as OpenCL/HLS
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD with 2+ years of HPC experience
- Experience with multiple aspects of HPC profiling, including GPUs, CPUs, and multi-processor message passing
- Skilled in C/C++
- Familiarity with GPU frameworks such as CUDA/OpenCL/OpenACC; CPU libraries such as MPI, OpenMP, POSIX threads
- Experience programming FPGAs in OpenCL/HLS is highly desirable