Silicon Therapeutics is building an exceptional team of outstanding life scientists and computer scientists with a unifying belief that we can make better medicines using computers. We foster a collaborative, respectful, and flexible work environment that allows individuals to thrive. Our supportive and open work environment enhances synergies among individuals, thereby maximizing the quality and efficiency of our efforts. We embrace diversity and value different perspectives, ideas, and identities of everyone on the team.
Silicon Therapeutics is looking for a Head of Scientific Programming to join our Suzhou-based China team. Working closely with our US-based platform team, the candidate will lead our scientific programming team in China to develop advanced physics-based computational methods—including but not limited to molecular dynamics simulations, free energy calculations, and quantum chemistry calculations—and machine learning methods to solve critical issues in drug discovery. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
- Serve as a liaison between US and China scientific computing teams, which entails regular travel to Boston
- Build up and lead our scientific programming team in China
- Develop algorithms to accelerate our physics-based simulations and analysis
- Develop robust, scalable software that implement state-of-the-art algorithms in computational chemistry
WHO YOU ARE
- Exceptional intellectual ability and curiosity
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
- D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Significant experience developing particle simulation (e.g. Monte Carlo, molecular dynamics) methods
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred)
- A record of creative accomplishments, such as peer-reviewed publications and patents in relevant areas
- Outstanding communication skills and strong team player
- Experience with high performance computing and parallel programming (e.g. MPI, openMP, CUDA)
- Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
New China Office
- Silicon Therapeutics is building a start-of-the-art facility in the new biotech center of Suzhou.
- This three-story, 1200 square meter facility will host a supercomputer, synthetic chemistry and biochemistry work spaces along with office areas, conference rooms and a roof-top garden.