Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an innovative, experienced and motivated legal professional with experience in IP and contracts management. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling the entire contracting process, from contract drafting, through negotiation to final execution as well as being the main point of contact for all IP related activities with outside counsel. This position reports to the VP, Head of Operations and will also work closely with R&D, Clinical, and Platform groups at SiTX.
- Act as the primary point of contact between SiTX and external parties to address contractual and legal matters expeditiously
- Perform FTO and patentability clearance/analysis
- Work with external counsel and internal management to develop and implement IP strategies
- Assist in drafting of patent applications
- Manage external IP counsel
- Provide oversight of patent prosecution
- Drafting/Reviewing/Negotiating/Finalizing all manner of contracts, including, for example, MTAs, NDAs, clinical trial agreements, supply agreements, license agreements, collaborations, and the like
- Analyze and respond to inquiries concerning contract obligations and assist the scientific teams with strategies for full compliance therewith
- 4+ years in-house at a biotech/pharma company experience in Intellectual Property law and contracts management
- Massachusetts licensed attorney in good standing
- Solid prior contract drafting and negotiation experience a must
- Multi-tasker, capable of handling numerous substantive projects in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational, technical, analytical and problem identifying and solving skills
- Conscientious, self-motivated, diligent and hard working
- MS/PhD chemistry or biochemistry preferred; JD required
- Registered to practice before the USPTO preferred
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to advise key internal stakeholders of the legal risks which may arise during the course of the business, and implement mitigation strategies for the same
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills