Silicon Therapeutics, a Boston-based drug discovery company, is looking for an outstanding Associate DIrector with 10+ years of experience as a medicinal or computational chemist, and extensive experience in ligand- and structure-based drug design. This individual should have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively to design compounds using structural/computational information and SAR, and prioritize them for synthesis using internal and external chemistry resources. This individual should posess a unque drug design skill set that encompasses modern computational techniques and fundamental aspects of structural biology
Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on developing and applying cutting-edge simulation methods to progress our R&D pipeline of innovative medicines for patients. Competitive pay, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with desire to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us! Learn more at www.silicontx.com or Apply directly. Please find the job description below:
- Lead design teams for multiple internal projects and work with chemistry leads to prioritize compounds for synthesis.
- Work with computational scientists, structural biologists, and synthetic chemists to interpret structural/simulation data and proactively suggest new design ideas.
- Provide organizational scientific strategy through interaction with the leadership and management teams.
- Advance chemistry and design strategy.
- Provide training and mentorship across the organization.
- Incorporate knowledge of relevant computational tools and approaches, as well as key aspects of medicinal chemistry and compound property optimization.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of project deliverables across the portfolio..
- Take on opportunities to serve as a chemistry lead or project lead on internal drug discovery projects.
- Collaborate with the computational development team to align priorities between platform application development and R&D projects.
- PhD in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, computational chemistry, or related fields.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Understanding of modern computational techniques that support new compound design.
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience working at the interface of medicinal chemistry and computational sciences
- Demonstrated track record of advancing programs into preclinical studies.
- Ability to communicate structural information to a diverse scientific audience, and proactively suggest ideas within a routine design cycle, that support compound optimization goals.
- High level understanding of how compound design/chemistry integration supports project teams goals, timelines, and deliverables.
- Expert level knowledge in structure-based drug design (SBDD), ligand conformations, protein structure and function, and protein-ligand interactions.
- Knowledge of fundamental chemistry principles, nomenclature, biosteric replacements and common transformations that enable rational SBDD in a design team.
- A track record of technical excellence as shown by peer reviewed publications and inventorship status on patents.
About Silicon Therapeutics
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
SITX was founded out of the BIDMC in late 2016 and has raised ~50mm USD to date from leading investors including Sequoia & Chengwei Capital. The Company’s investors are long-term, premier brands that have the capability to hold businesses for decades and are believers in SITX’s mission and physics-driven approach.