Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 40 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Intern looking to gain experience and make real contributions to an early-stage drug discovery company. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this hands-on position will work on varied assignments supporting the Company’s day-to-day accounting operations.
- Support accounting activities including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements
- Provide support for external audits as required and participate in implementing and maintaining compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Manage accounts payable from invoice input through bank payments
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and cash flow
- Post journal entries for payroll, depreciation, accrual, prepaid, etc.
- Perform month-end Balance Sheet reconciliation, including bank and credit card reconciliations
- Work directly with the Senior Treasury Associate to assist in reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Help complete annual reports and corporate filings
- Help maintain vendor W-9s and complete year-end 1099 filings
- Code all banking and credit card transactions in QuickBooks
- Work with tax prepares for annual tax filings
- Process employee expenses and assist in payroll processing
- Other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in an effective, concise manner
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to work in an early stage start-up environment
- Experience in the life sciences industry a plus