Location: Boston, MA
• Serve as medicinal chemistry lead and/or Project Lead for internal drug discovery projects driving the project team to clear decision points to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
• Prioritize medicinal chemistry activities, managing both internal and external chemistry resources to ensure that chemical matter and associated assay data are robust, actionable and timely.
• Work in highly cooperative & collaborative manner within the chemistry and computational design group to develop, evaluate and prioritize new compound designs.
• Establish and maintain a clear understanding of the internal computational capabilities, and how to apply these tools to support new compound design and achieving project goals.
• Critically interpret and react to structure activity relationships, assay data, structural information, physicochemical properties and ADME data incorporating these into targeted molecule design and strategy to achieve the projects objectives in a timely fashion.
• Possess a clear and effective communication style to disseminate project data and medicinal chemistry approach to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
• Build and maintain productive relationships with cross functional colleagues in computational simulation, computational development and structural biology and biophysics/biochemistry.
• Ph.D. with 6+ years of experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist.
• Experience serving as the chemistry leader for drug discovery projects, building a chemistry flow scheme and advancing compounds from hit finding to hit-to-lead through lead optimization and in vivo studies. Experience leading cross-functional project teams is highly desirable.
• Experience in managing external and internal chemistry resources to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency and the ability manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria.
• Highly knowledgeable in the understanding of the relationship between physiochemical and ADME properties on drug exposure, and the integration of this information into compound design and profiling.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the fundamentals of structure-based drug design and how to use these concepts to drive compound optimization.
• Experience with the design and preparation of targeted protein degrading molecules and insight into the atypical ADME properties is highly desirable, but not required.
• Proficient with SciFinder, Reaxys, ChemDraw, Marvin Sketch, ELNs, Data Visualization tools and other chemistry-data related software.
• Ability to work independently and respond to a fast-paced, team environment.
• Excellent written, oral and cross functional communication skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
• · Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
• Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.