Posted: Nov. 04, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
Silicon Therapeutics, a Boston-based integrated drug discovery company, is looking for a Chemistry Senior Investigator who can support our synthesis efforts, serve as a chemistry leader for internal discovery projects and provide mentorship to junior chemists in the laboratory. Our science, our team, and our mission are focused on developing and applying cutting-edge simulation methods to progress our R&D pipeline of innovative medicines for patients.
Our team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated synthetic/medicinal chemist able to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be a full-time member of the chemistry laboratory team who will lead from the bench and and contribute to the design and synthesis of target compounds. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with desire to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us! Learn more at www.silicontx.com or Apply directly.
- Serve as a mentor to junior chemistry colleagues in the laboratory and demonstrate leadership from the bench.
- Work with the internal computational chemistry group to collaboratively prioritize compounds for synthesis.
- Design, plan and execute multi-step organic syntheses, purification and characterization of small molecules.
- Troubleshoot and optimize reactions critical to the synthesis of novel analogues and lead compounds.
- Operate multiple pieces of instrumentation, which includes aiding in their maintenance and training others in their operation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to: HPLC, LCMS, vacuum pumps, rotary evaporators, automated chromatography system, and analytical chemistry instrumentation.
- Efficiently document experiments and data in a laboratory notebook and concisely present results to colleagues; characterize synthesized compounds.
- Comply with all laboratory regulations and safety standards set forth by the company and associated regulatory bodies
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with 2-5 years relevant industry experience
- Extensive lab experience with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain a highly productive work routine in the laboratory.
- Experience working with computational scientists and other cross functional partners to prioritize compounds for synthesis based on specific hypotheses and structural information is desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of modern organic chemistry reactions, mechanisms and techniques.
- Experience with the design and preparation of PROTAC/targeted protein degradation ligands is highly desirable, but not required.
- Proficient with Reaxys, Chemdraw and other chemistry-related software.
- Ability to work independently and respond to a fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent written, oral and cross functional communication skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply