Posted: Oct. 02, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an energetic, passionate practitioner of the laboratory arts to join the Biochemistry/Biophysics/Structural Biology platform as a Research Associate . This is a foundational support role for someone who enjoys technical challenges and is not afraid to get their hands dirty by helping with core lab functions from cell culture, protein purification, or biochemical experiments all the way to laboratory automation, instrument maintenance, etc. The qualified candidate will have basic laboratory practices under their belt and would be passionate to learn additional techniques while supporting a growing group dedicated to Discovery research. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in protein production, biochemistry, structure, and biophysics supporting hit-ID, hit-to-lead, and lead-ID phases of our innate immuno-oncology drug discovery programs and will have opportunities to learn cutting edge techniques.
- Responsible for bacterial and eukaryotic cell culture for the purpose of recombinant protein expression.
- Basic protein purification under supervision of expert practitioners.
- Preparation of common biochemical reagents, maintenance of lab readiness.
- Biochemical/biophysical characterization of recombinant proteins
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team(s) to provide timely, robust, high-impact results.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols using an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Capture experimental results in database.
- Organize and present data as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of B.Sc. with 2+ years of research experience
- Documented experience with recombinant protein production
- Propensity towards tinkering with complex equipment
- Ability to multitask on the job, combining diligence and tenacity to thrive in a highly malleable and fluid research environment
- Demonstrated ability to execute experiments independently and under the supervision of experts.
- Passion for supporting teams and learning on the job.
- Excellent communication skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply