Location: New York, NY
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
• Develop—and implement in proprietary scientific software libraries—algorithms to enable new molecular physics and machine learning models
• Develop and implement algorithms to accelerate our physics-based simulations and analysis
• Develop robust, scalable software that implement state-of-the-art algorithms in computational chemistry
• Optimize our scientific code for modern high performance and parallel computing architecture
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods and software for discovering better medicines
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related fields
- Extensive programming experience in implementing and optimizing numerical methods (C/C++ and Python preferred)
- Experience with high performance computing and parallel programming (e.g. MPI, openMP, CUDA)
- Proven record of innovative thinking and a willingness to champion new ideas and solutions
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve goals
- Commitment to building a world-class drug discovery organization
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
• Experience in molecular dynamics simulations, Monte Carlo simulations, or other computational physics simulations
• Experience in statistical modeling or bioinformatics
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.