Location: New York, NY
Silicon Therapeutics, a drug discovery company headquartered in Boston is looking for researchers and programmers in scientific computing with extensive experience in scientific programming, algorithm research, or high-performance computing to join our platform team. Working closely with other platform team members, the candidate will develop and optimize advanced physics-based computational code—including but not limited to molecular dynamics simulations, free energy calculations, quantum chemistry, and machine learning models—to solve critical issues in drug discovery. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
• Develop—and implement in proprietary scientific software libraries—algorithms to enable new molecular physics and machine learning models
• Develop and implement algorithms to accelerate our physics-based simulations and analysis
• Develop robust, scalable software that implement state-of-the-art algorithms in computational chemistry
• Optimize our scientific code for modern high performance and parallel computing architecture
• Highly motivated to develop computational methods and software for discovering better medicines
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related fields
• Extensive programming experience in implementing and optimizing numerical methods (C/C++ and Python preferred)
• Experience with high performance computing and parallel programming (e.g. MPI, openMP, CUDA)
• Excellent communication skills and strong team player
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
• Experience in molecular dynamics simulations, Monte Carlo simulations, or other computational physics simulations
• Experience in statistical modeling or bioinformatics
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.