Posted: Feb. 12, 2021
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of approximately 70 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams
Silicon Therapeutics, a drug discovery company headquartered in Boston and with Offices in New York City and Suzhou, China, is looking for a research scientist in computational biophysics (or in the related field of computational structural biology) to join our computational platform team. Working closely with other platform team members, the candidate will develop and implement new computational methods that incorporate experimental data into molecular dynamics simulations to enable computation-driven drug discovery. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
· Develop and implement computational models that predict observables in biophysical experiments, such as nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), hydrogen-deuterium exchange (HDX), small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS), and cryoEM, from molecular simulations
· Develop and implement methods that incorporate the biophysical data into molecular dynamics simulations so as to turn the macroscopic data into accurate atomistic structural models
· Collaborate with experimental biophysicists and biochemists to design and analyze experiments to validate computational predictions
· Collaborate with target review and drug discovery teams to model therapeutic targets to provide actionable structural and mechanistic insight
· Work with force field and simulation teams to develop models and methods to improve the accuracy of simulations
· Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
· M.S. or Ph.D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields
· Strong record of past research accomplishments
· Extensive past experience in molecular dynamics simulations of proteins
· Extensive experience working with biophysics experimental data, such as NMR, HDX, SAXS, or cryoEM.
· Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred)
· Excellent communication skills and strong team player
Additional Desirable Qualifications
· Hands-on experience with biophysical experimental techniques, or extensive experience in deep collaboration with experimental biophysicists
· Experience in structural bioinformatics
· Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Apply