Posted: Oct. 02, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately-held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal super computer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering into IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune check-point as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced scientist with expertise that bridges biophysics and structural biology. Core responsibilities include design and execution of complex experiments bridging and blending multiple disciplines (biochemistry, biophysics, structure) with the goal of developing deep practical understanding of biological processes and applying the learnings to protein-ligand interaction studies in pharmaceutical Discovery context. This is a challenging and exciting position for someone who is passionate to make a difference in patients’ lives through the discovery and development of innovative cancer therapies. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in protein production and biophysics supporting hit-ID, hit-to-lead, and lead-ID phases of our innate immuno-oncology drug discovery programs and will have the opportunity to mentor and lead junior colleagues.
- Adapt the latest biophysics and structural biology techniques to the study of protein-ligand interaction.
- Lead from the bench by filling gaps in understanding of fundamental processes from biophysical and structural perspective; then applying the learnings towards rapid discovery and evaluation of new chemical matter.
- In collaboration with group members, design protein constructs and help purifying and analyzing them.
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team(s) to provide timely, robust, high-impact results.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols using an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Capture experimental results in database.
- Organize and present data to group members and project team members.
- Mentor and lead junior colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. with 5+ years (Senior Investigator) or 8+ years (Principal Investigator) of industry experience with documented successes in biophysics and structural biology areas. Less experienced candidates with outstanding profiles may be considered at the Investigator level.
- Excellent track record of applying hybrid, cross-disciplinary methods to the solution of complex problems in pharmaceutical small molecule Discovery.
- High level of experience in major biophysical techniques (SPR, NMR, MS, MST, DSF, ITC, etc.) as well as gene-to-structure experience in structural biology.
- Proficiency in relevant software.
- Experience with cryoEM is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and optimize experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
- Excellent communication skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply