Posted: Sep. 15, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to play a leadership role in identifying, developing and managing key business partnerships. This newly created position will report to the Chief Business Officer.
• Lead search and evaluation efforts to proactively identify and solicit strategic partnerships or in-licensing with biotech, pharma and academic institutions.
• Lead in-house cross-functional technical evaluations and due diligence team.
• Develop and maintain competitive landscape to guide strategy and prioritization of programs and opportunities.
• Collaborate closely with other BD members to structure, negotiate and execute transactions.
• Drive scientific and business rationale for recommendations to senior management.
• Represent Silicon Therapeutics key partnering events.
• Ensure that strategic partnerships are proactively and effectively launched and managed.
• Oversee the governance of strategic partnerships including managing governance committees, identifying key issues and solution-driving.
• Ensure that program activities are well-coordinated, that there is effective communication between parties and that potential issues are proactively surfaced to ensure that objectives of the alliance are met.
• • Advanced life science degree, PhD degree preferred. MBA helpful but not required.
• 5-7 years of experience in within a business development/alliance management function in biotech or pharma.
• Experience in alliance management or project management.
• Solid understanding of discovery research, technology transfer, clinical development, and regulatory processes in the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and excellent business judgment.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, with proven ability to influence across management levels, functions, and organizations.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply