Posted: Nov. 04, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and detail oriented individual with experience in Laboratory Operations Management with a specificity in Compound Management. The primary function of this position will be to manage our Compound Inventory System including preparation, packaging, shipping, tracking and the reconciliation of compounds for multiple research purposes. The successful candidate will work closely with members of our Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biology and Chemistry teams to receive, log, prepare and track samples. Attention to detail, time management and communication across multiple teams is essential to this role. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first Compound Manager within the Laboratory Operations team and help provide operational excellence to the Silicon Therapeutics lab and staff.
• Receive compounds and confirm sample accuracy
• Dissolve solid compounds into DMSO stocks
• Log compounds into Inventory Tracking Software
• Fulfill sample requests and ensure tracking accuracy
• Prepare samples for domestic and international shipments
• Assist multiple scientific departments to prepare quotes and order compounds
• Assist multiple scientific departments to prepare compound plates for research use
• Receive Deliveries
• Oversight of proper PPE use by lab and site personnel
• Manage hazardous waste and help keep the lab in compliance
• Other Duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
• B.S. / M.S. in a scientific discipline with either 1-3 years of Compound Management experience or 3-5 years of Lab Operations/General Benchwork experience.
• Basic scientific instrument knowledge and routine use.
• Possess basic laboratory bench skills (i.e. pipetting, weighing, centrifugation)
• Experience with barcode systems
• Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize workload in a fast pace high pressure environment
• Excellent communication skills with internal and external personnel
• Experience working across multiple teams and functionalities
• Experience in basic management of laboratory resources
• Experience with inventory management
• Must be independently motivated willing to accomplish all tasks large and small
• Must have a positive attitude and possess poise under pressure
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply