Posted: Mar. 23, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 60 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
• Serve as medicinal chemistry lead for internal drug discovery projects and drive to clear decision points to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
• Prioritize medicinal chemistry activities, managing both internal and external chemistry resources to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
• Work intimately within the chemistry and computational design group to evaluate and prioritize new compound designs in weekly design meetings.
• Establish and maintain a clear understanding of the internal computational capabilities, and how to apply these tools to support new compound design.
• Build, critically interpret and react to structure activity relationships incorporating structural information and physicochemical properties.
• Possess a clear and effective communication style to disseminate project data and medicinal chemistry approach to both internal colleagues and external collaborators
• Build and maintain productive relationships with cross functional colleagues in computational simulation, computational development and structural biology and biophysics.
- Ph.D. with 8+ years’ experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting as a medicinal chemist or equivalent experience.
- Experience serving as a chemistry leader for drug discovery projects, building a chemistry flow scheme and advancing compounds from hit-to-lead through lead optimization and in vivo studies. Experience leading cross-functional project teams is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing external and internal chemistry resources to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency and the ability manage timelines and resources to drive projects toward key decision criteria.
- Highly knowledgeable in the understanding of the relationship between physiochemical and ADME properties on drug exposure, and the integration of this information into compound design and profiling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the fundamentals of structure-based drug design and how to use these concepts to drive compound optimization.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply