Posted: Dec. 23, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. We are the only company that owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of approximately 70 individuals in Boston.
Our diversity and our cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams make us strong. We foster an open-minded culture where we come to work without preconceptions about how people think. With all channels open for communication, we can rapidly fuse information across disciplines and teams.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an innovative, experienced, and motivated IT professional to develop and lead our internal Information Technology group. The right candidate will have a mix of both hands-on and managerial skills and will be responsible for growing the IT department of the company. The ideal candidate will be able to develop a phased plan to develop our IT capabilities and infrastructure while also having the expertise to execute on several aspects of the plan. Reporting to the VP, Head of Operations, this role will have regular interaction with senior management and will be expected to communicate with and influence stakeholders across the company.
- Provide strategic, forward looking vision and road map for strengthening IT capabilities and help achieve goals.
- Direct the activities of staff, consultants, contractors, and other resources assigned to the initiatives.
- Oversee IT projects from start to finish which will include identifying any issues with timelines or completion of projects ahead of time and work through with internal customers.
- Provide hands on support as needed including but not limited to desktop support, infrastructure, and network administration across multiple different operating systems and environments.
- Provide support to our High-Performance Computing group as needed and Coordinates with functional departments as needed
- Manages the internal information systems function, including systems programming, applications programming, networks, and computer operations.
- Establishes priorities for feasibility studies and systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company’s information processing systems.
- May manage business continuity and recovery of company’s information systems, including needs analysis, design, plan development, implementation, and documentation.
- Responsible for systems administration, maintenance, back up, restoration and performance optimization.
- Emphasis is on full-cycle development, configuration, and quality reviews, including system integration and user acceptance.
- Develops budget for labor and capital expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of previous IT experience with a biotech or MSP including at least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience with Mac OS, Windows, and Linux systems.
- Previous direct experience with networking and security
- Good understanding of hardware and troubleshooting
- Team player willing to roll up sleeves to get the work done
- Experience with Office 365
- Previous experience building and mentoring an IT department within an emerging biotech environment strongly preferred
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Apply