Location: New York, NY
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
· Develop empirical force fields to accurately model molecular interactions relevant to drug discovery
· Thoroughly characterize the accuracy of the force fields for a comprehensive set of small molecules that are representative of potential drug molecules
· Develop robust protocols for parameterizing classical force fields and validate such protocols against a wide range of experimental data
· Maintain the most accurate versions of force fields in our platform in order to support drug discovery projects
· Experiment with new force field models to push the boundary of predictive accuracy
· Work with scientific leadership at Silicon Tx to develop the strategy for company success through accurate simulations
· Recruit top talents, mentor the team, develop individual skills, demonstrate leadership, and support an inclusive culture of scientific innovation
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Extensive past experience in quantum chemistry and/or force field development
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player
- Proven record of innovative thinking and a willingness to champion new ideas and solutions
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve goals
- Commitment to building a world-class drug discovery organization
Additional Desirable Qualifications
· Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.