Posted: May. 14, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 50 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune checkpoint as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon has an immediate opening for a highly motivated team player to join as an Associate Director/Director, Finance and lead its accounting function in its Boston Corporate office. This position reports directly to the VP, Head of Operations and will be a trusted partner of the entire executive leadership team. The Associate Director/Director, Finance will be responsible for all the company’s accounting functions and external reporting requirements.
Management of the following accounting activities
- General accounting
- Accounts payable, travel and expense, procurement and payroll
- Cash forecasting and management
- Budget development and monthly analysis
- Revenue accounting cycle, including ensuring compliance with the ASC606 standard when revenue starts to be generated
- Credit and collections when revenue is generated
- Lead the financial statement close process (monthly/quarterly/annual):
- Conduct financial reviews with CEO and VP, Head of Operations
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations
- Evaluate the closing process to accelerate timing, while still providing accurate results
- Prepare monthly consolidation
External reporting and audit
- Manage the annual external audit and preparation of the audited financial statements
- Bank relations and any monthly reporting required
- Investor reporting when required
- Federal grant applications and reporting
Leadership and training
- Lead and manage (2) direct reports and (1) external payroll provider. Ensure direct reports have clearly defined role and responsibilities and that personal development plans are in place to enable achievement of departmental goals including mentoring key departmental members and overseeing their training and professional development.
Other responsibilities include
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall finance and accounting operations and effectiveness of the organization
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries
- Evaluate the need to implement an expense reporting system such as Concur/Expensify
- Manage partnership and corporate tax returns with external tax provider
- Ensure that sales and use taxes, 1099s, and property taxes, are filed properly and timely
- Manage capitalization table
- Perform technical accounting research as required
- Assist on special projects and provide ad hoc reports as needed
- 10+ years of experience of progressive accounting experience including management.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Combination of public accounting and corporate experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of operational accounting experience including building teams, improving processes and implementing controls.
- Experience in the biotechnology/drug discovery industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and efficiencies including systems.
- Experience in QuickBooks as well as more sophisticated accounting systems preferred.
- Utmost level of ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Collaborative, strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate team members.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced rapid change environment.
- Strong and appropriate decision-making skills.
- Must be a “self-starter” with a problem-solver attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply