Posted: Sep. 29, 2020
Silicon Therapeutics (“SITX”) is a privately held, physics-driven integrated drug discovery company in the preclinical IND stage targeting innate immunity to start, but with the capability to move into many other franchise opportunities. The Company’s initial pipeline is focused on modulation of the innate immune system to “light the spark” within immunologically cold tumors by using its physics-enabled drug discovery engine for the design of small molecule therapeutics and the lead program is in late stage preclinical studies. SITX’s discovery efforts as well as physics-based platform are all completely in-house, with a full wet lab as well as a team of over 25 experienced R&D professionals spanning biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics (NMR + X-ray) & preclinical sciences. SITX’s engine leverages quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics, which are deployed on its own internal supercomputer composed of over 400 GPU’s and FPGA’s and allows SITX to accurately simulate the physical motion and properties of biological targets at an atomistic level resolution. The platform is completely proprietary to SITX and was built from the ground up with the purpose of addressing difficult targets and using simulations to break through bottlenecks that has plagued traditional drug discovery approaches on such targets. It is currently the ONLY company which owns the entire spectrum of physics-driven drug discovery from chip-to-clinic with a team of over 50 individuals in Boston.
The Company’s initial focus in on innate immunity and its pipeline is currently composed of one project entering IND-enabling studies, another one entering hit-to-lead and two more ramping up. It’s unique advantage in designing small molecules using all atom simulations has allowed it to advance a systemically available small molecule STING agonist into a preclinical development. The program is ramping up for IND enabling studies entry to the clinic in 2020. This differentiated product can be administered systemically via an IV dose and has single agent effects in early mouse efficacy studies using PD1 resistant tumor models and is a “rule-of-5” compliant small molecule. Beyond this one program, the Company is also advancing an ADAR inhibitor which can be considered an innate immune checkpoint as well as a multitude of targets that explore Innate Immunity’s role in cancer biology.
Silicon Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional drug discovery biologist to join our organization as leader in developing novel medicines against challenging therapeutic targets in oncology and other diseases. We are looking for a talented innovator with experience in targeted protein degradation
(TPD). This individual will take charge of assessing feasibility applying TPD or alternative mechanisms of action for important therapeutic targets and leading multidisciplinary project teams to drive discovery strategy and execution from hit finding all the way to clinical development candidate.
All discovery projects leverage our industry leading computational physics platform that is fully integrated with our lab-based scientists to drive innovation and design of new small molecule therapeutics for patients in need.
- Developing and implementing TPD and other MoAs including robust assay funnels for profiling compounds and guiding design
- Serving as project leader or biology lead on projects from concept through lead optimization
- Providing hands-on leadership in assay development, compound testing, data analysis and decision making
- Designing and engineering cellular assays using advanced molecular biology and chemical biology methods
- Trouble shooting technical and logistical assay challenges
- Setting project objectives, resource planning, defining Go/No-Go decision points, driving execution toward objectives
- Contributing to target selection and discovery portfolio strategy
- Ensuring quality and transparency in data capture, documentation and analysis
- Contributing collaboratively to a positive and inclusive company culture that embraces diversity and supports our mission
- May mentor, supervise and develop talented junior biologists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. 8+ years of industry experience with a degree in biology, biochemistry or related disciplines
- Expertise in the Targeted Protein Degradation for drug discovery
- Extensive experience in small molecule drug discovery
- Proven excellence as a biology lead and/or overall project lead
- Excellence in cell-based assay design and development and molecular biology
- Background and discovery experience in oncology and/or immunology or related therapeutics areas
- Strong know-how with cutting edge bio-assay technologies and instruments
- Ideally, experience in structure-based drug design projects
- Proficiency in working with other disciplines including biophysics and chemistry
- Proficient in relevant programs for data analysis and visualization
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and optimize experiments.
- Leadership in health and safety in the lab/work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
- Excellent communication skills.
Silicon Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply